On April 30th, 2020, Anna Sicalides and Lee Ann Embrey brought together over 25 community members to unpack prepardness of trying to move during COVID-19. The key points we learned were as follows:
- Changes are being made everyday and sometimes every minute.
- Businesses and realtors are taking every precaution to ensure that homeowners and colleagues are safe.
- There are strict limitations to how a home is shown.
- Video options are making it possible for people to still sell their home.
- There are lots of things you can do today to prepare for your move.
- Start packing away those things you don’t use now: winter clothes, entertaining servingwear, seasonal goods etc.
- Things that you want to get rid of should be set aside for when services become available
- Essential services such as junk haulers and movers are able to help you, but it’s always good to call first.
Watch this short clip of organizing tips to help you be prepared for when things open up and are ready to help you with your move.